skip to main content

Interdistrict Information/Forms

Interdistrict Petition Update: Renewals Now Required Every 5 Years

February 24, 2023
Interdistrict Petition Update: Renewals Now Required Every 5 Years

Based on a recent decision by the Imperial County Office of Education and Imperial County school superintendents, interdistrict petitions will now require a renewal every five years.  

Students currently attending McCabe on an interdistrict petition must submit renewals between February 1 - April 15, 2027 for the 2027-2028 school year based on the last petition submitted for the 2022-2023 school year.  Returning interdistricts will be reviewed each year during the month of June for attendance, tardies, or discipline issues before renewed for the following school year.

An "Interdistrict Attendance, Academic, and Behavior Contract Form" will be sent to parents/guardians for signature via ParentSquare as we get closer to the end of the school year.  The contract, once signed, will cover the five-year life of the interdistrict or until the student no longer attends McCabe.

Two (2) current utility bills will be required when parents update their child's registration through ParentVUE for the 2023-2024 school year during the summer months.

If a student moves to a different district of residence OR onto junior high/high school, they must submit a new interdistrict as an "initial" petition.  Initial petitions for new students, as well as five-year renewals, will now require two (2) current proofs of residency attached to the interdistrict petition when submitted to the district of residence for release.  Petitions without two current proofs of residency will NOT be released.

For more information, visit the McCabe website's interdistrict page or reply to this notification should you have any questions.
Interdistrict Petitions (English & Spanish)

Revised Electronic Format
Interdistrict Petitions (English & Spanish)

The deadline to submit new interdistrict petitions for the 2023-2024 school year is April 15, 2023.  Please email, mail, or deliver your child's petition to your district of residence for release by April 15, 2023.  School district emails and addresses are listed below.
Requesting to Attend the McCabe District

Interdistrict Petitions
Requesting to Attend the McCabe District


  • The window to submit an interdistrict petition is February 1st through April 15th for the following school year. Interdistrict petitions submitted after April 15th will be considered and based on available space and the reason for transfer request listed on the interdistrict petition.  
  • Interdistricts requesting to attend the McCabe Union Elementary School District must first be released for the district of residence.
  • Interdistricts requesting release must provide two (2) proofs of residency with the interdistrict petition.
  • Interdistricts requesting to be released by McCabe to attend a school district outside of the McCabe Union Elementary School District may be emailed to or delivered by hand for a signature.
  • A fillable electronic version of the interdistrict petition form is available above and below.  The form will not be accepted via email and must be delivered by hand or through the interdistrict mail from the district of residence after an approved release.
  • All requests are processed in the order received and approved or denied based on space in that particular grade level.
  • Incomplete applications will not be processed.
  • Petition processing may be delayed during summer (June, July, and August) due to limited staffing.
  • Notifications of an approval will be made via personal phone call or email.
  • Notifications of a denial will be sent out via USPS mail.
  • Board Policies regarding interdistrict petitions are listed below.
  • School District Boundaries Map
  • ICOE Interdistrict Timeline

Board Policies Regarding Interdistrict Petitions:

Requesting to be Released from the McCabe District

Interdistrict Petitions
Requesting to be Released from the McCabe District

Definition: Students who live within the boundaries of McCabe and would like to attend school in another district. 
Note: Interdistrict transfers are required to be renewed every fiave (5) years.  
Please complete the Interdistrict Permit Application and email it to for release.  We will complete the MUESD/sending district portion of the request and send it to the requested district. It will be the parents’ responsibility to obtain approval from the requested district.
Interdistrict Permit Application (To avoid issues with the forms at the top of this page, please DOWNLOAD the PDF to your computer FIRST, then open the PDF and SAVE the changes before emailing the form. 
School District Contact Info:

School District Contact Info:

McCabe Union Elementary School District

701 W. McCabe Road, El Centro, CA  92243
ATTN: Becky Gibbs, Interdistricts

Brawley Elementary School District

261 D St, Brawley, CA 92227
ATTN: Magdalena Cardenas, Interdistricts

Calexico Unified School District

901 Andrade Avenue, Calexico, CA  92231 
ATTN: Eugenia Diaz, Interdistricts

El Centro Elementary School District

1256 Broadway, El Centro, CA  92243 
ATTN: Rosemary Martinez, Interdistricts

Heber Elementary School District

1052 Heber Avenue, Heber, CA 92249 
ATTN: Stefanie Cruz, Interdistricts

Imperial Unified School District

219 N. E Street, Imperial, CA  92243 
ATTN: Beatriz Fimbres, Interdistricts

Seeley Unified School District

1812 W. Rio Vista, Seeley, CA  92273
ATTN: Teresa Morales, Interdistricts
Transitional Kindergarten (TK)

Eligible Ages for
Transitional Kindergarten (TK)

  • 2022–23

    • children are eligible for TK if they turn 5 years old between September 2 and February 2*
  • 2023–24

    • children are eligible for TK if they turn 5 between September 2 and April 2*
  • 2024–25

    • children are eligible for TK if they turn 5 between September 2 and June 2*
  • 2025–26

    • LEAs are required to make TK available to all children who will have their fourth birthday by September 1* of the school year.
* Inclusive of these dates
For more information, visit the California Department of Education for Universal Prekindergarten FAQs webpage.