- Grade Levels
- Grade Levels
- Online Registration
- Student Activities
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN (TK)Staff
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN (TK)
Wish List for 23-24 School Year
TKWish List for 23-24 School Year
Wish List for 23-24 School Year
The following are recommended for classroom use:
- Full-sized towel to use for rest time (small enough to fit in their cubby (not a HUGE beach towel).
- Your child may also keep a change of clothes with them in their cubby in case of an accident.
- Clear/see-through water bottle for while it is hot.
The following are “wish list” items. If you are able, please help by sending in some of the following (but please don’t feel obligated ☺).
- Elmer’s Glue Sticks
- Baby wipes
- Ziploc-type baggies, Gallon or Quart
- 1 pack of Badge Holders (if your child will be riding the bus)
These items are simply suggestions for those who wish to purchase supplies.
Supplies are NOT mandatory.
TK/Kinder OrientationPresentation Slideshow
2023-2024 School YearOnline Registration
2023-2024 School Year
Click HERE to access McCabe’s Online Registration Information Page
ONLINE REGISTRATION TIPS:
- Online Registration is scheduled to open on Tuesday, April 25th for NEW TK-8th grade students. Please begin to gather all necessary documentation to upload during the Online Registration process. If you do not have a birth certificate, please request a copy for the county your child was born in for registration purposes.
- New parent and current parent links are different.
- Be sure to select the 2023-2024 School Year.
- DO NOT create a new ParentVUE account if you currently have or have had a child at McCabe in the past, even if your child is no longer at McCabe. We’ll be happy to look up your account and help you log in.
- If you’ve forgotten your User Name or Password for ParentVUE, contact the district office at (760) 335-5200 or email us at OnlineRegistration@muesd.net for assistance.
- Current Speech Students: DO NOT register as a new student. Contact the district office and we will move your child from Synergy’s preschool registration and have you update your child’s information and provide documentation.
- Current TK students do not need to reapply, simply update their information and attach current bills.
- Although not required, it is strongly recommended parents list their educational level and ethnicity during the online registration process.
- DO NOT delete a past student. Simply exclude to keep the child in our system for future reference.
- Be sure to click the yellow “In Progress” bubble after adding, editing, or excluding a child.
- Be sure all appropriate boxes are checked for each parent.
- Include each parent/step-parent under parent, not under emergency contacts.
- Be prepared to include contact information for AT LEAST 3 emergency contacts. If additional contact space is needed, contact the district office and we’ll add the contacts for you.
- Be sure to add ALL new students or update current students BEFORE clicking “Submit.”
- Review and scroll to the bottom of the “Review/Submit” page and check the small box at the bottom of the page before submitting.
- Interdistricts: Parents are welcome to complete the Online Registration, but this does not guarantee the interdistrict will be approved. Interdistrict petitions are approved based on space.
- Declarations of Residency’s must be notarized and provide necessary documentation in the district office.
- Keep in mind the busiest times in the office are during the arrival/dismissal of students and during lunch. Registrations during the busier times may take a bit longer.
Immunizations will be accepted from outside of the country. Health and dental exams must be from a U.S. doctor.
- Click HERE for a list of required immunizations for TK-7th grade students.
HEALTH/DENTAL EXAMS AND WAIVERS (TK/Kinder only)
- Health/Dental exam forms and waivers are available on the McCabe website.
- Online Registrations will NOT be accepted without the health/dental exam(s) or waiver(s) or up-to-date immunizations.
- Schedule physical and dental appointments NOW as it is difficult to get appointments as we get closer to the start of the school year.
- A bus sign-up Google form will be available through the McCabe website in mid-June, once the current school year has ended.
- TK/Kinder/1st grade students WILL NOT be released from the bus unless a parent or emergency contact is at the bus stop to take their hand. Students will be returned to school for parent to pick up.
- Blue Notes: Should your child have an appointment, need to leave early, or have a change plans for going home, please contact the McCabe office before 11AM for a Blue Note. This gives the teacher enough time to have the child ready when you arrive to pick them up
- Breakfast and lunch will be free to all McCabe students for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Free/Reduced Lunch Applications will open online in August. Although lunches are free, we ask that each family complete and submit a Free/Reduced lunch application regardless of income.
- If you plan to deliver a homemake or fast food lunch to your child, please remind your child to check the office on his/her way to the cafeteria. To avoid classroom interruptions, students will not be notified when the lunch has been delivered.
- ParentSquare will be accessible to parents once the student has been placed in a class, usually the Friday before the first day of school.
- Wish Lists will be posted on the website for the 23/24 school year in June. These items are simply suggestions for those who wish to purchase supplies. Supplies are NOT mandatory.
MEET THE TEACHER EVENT
- Meet the Teacher Event: The last Friday before the first day of school: August 18, 2022 at 10:00AM. Feel free to bring the child and whoever may be picking the child up from school to meet the teacher.