* Students in the District have access to healthy foods throughout the school day in accordance with Federal and state nutrition standards;
* Students receive quality nutrition education that helps them develop lifelong healthy eating behaviors;
* Students have opportunities to be physically active before, during and after school;
* Schools engage in nutrition and physical activity promotion and other activities that promote student wellness;
* School staff are encouraged and supported to practice healthy nutrition and physical activity behaviors in and out of school;
* The community is engaged in supporting the work of the District in creating continuity between school and other settings for students and staff to practice lifelong healthy habits;
* The District establishes and maintains an infrastructure for management, oversight, implementation, communication about and monitoring of the policy and its established goals and objectives.