Good Morning, 8th Grade Families:
I am Cher Angulo contacting you on behalf of the Corfman 8th grade parent committee. This email contains important information regarding fundraising activities to support the class trip to Catalina in May 2020.
In addition to sharing fundraising information, I have two requests:
- please email me if you are willing to help with fundraising (chair or volunteer) and
- sign up for Remind group text for future updates. I share information at the end of this email regarding an 8th grade Remind text group – please sign up for the remind group to receive future updates as this is the only email which will be sent.
The 8th grade teacher team and Mrs. Wells shared information on both fundraising and the Catalina trip during “Back-to-School Night.” In short, the trip is scheduled for May 26-29, 2020. Payment is due March 1, 2020. Total cost is $475/student which covers transportation and camp fees – student fundraising sales “credits” will be deducted from student’s account (up to $60 for discount cards and $125 for BBQ ticket sales). Therefore, the cost for students who participate in fundraisers will be $290.
As mentioned above, the class will conduct several fundraisers to offset the cost of the Catalina class trip. The first fundraiser was discount cards distributed to each student last month. Money was due back to the school MONDAY, 9/9/19.
The following is information on additional class fundraisers. Parent assistance is greatly needed and your participation is much appreciated!
- 8th Grade Barbecue – Sunday, November 17, 2019 @ Corfman
- Parent committee chairs and shift volunteers needed! 8th grade parent volunteers needed to head up various aspects of the barbecue from meat prep (Saturday, November 16), set up, meat shredding, promotion/signage, meal prep, volunteer scheduling, coordination of additional sales items (ie: soft drinks, bake sale, etc.).
- Tickets will be distributed to students on Friday, October 19, 2019/due back Monday, November 11, 2019
- Halloween Carnival Booth – Saturday, October 19, 2010 @ Corfman
- The 8th grade class will once again be assigned the Photo Booth. Parent volunteer needed to chair (coordinate with photographer and set up parent volunteer schedule).
- School Dance Snack Bar – Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines Dances (dates to be determined)
- Parent chair and event volunteers needed.
As you can see, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in chairing or serving on a specific committee, please email me at email@example.com with subject line: Corfman 8th grade.
8th GRADE REMIND GROUP
I have created a Remind group text, Corfman 8th Grade Class, 2019-2020, to best communicate additional information on all 8th grade activities. Please sign up for the REMIND group in order to receive additional information and updates.
To sign up:
Cher Watte Angulo (Matt’s Mom)