Happy 3-Day Weekend, McCabe Families!
ATTEND TODAY, ACHIEVE TOMORROW!! Congratulations to the students in Mrs. C Hernandez’ 1st grade class and Ms. Blackerby’s 7th grade ELA homeroom for earning the highest attendance percentage for December/January!!
PHONE OPTIONS: Please make note of the following phone options when calling the McCabe or Corfman campus at (760) 335-5200:
- Option #0 – Corfman Campus & District Office
- Option #1 - McCabe Campus
- Option #2 - Absence Reporting
REVISED FEBRUARY CAFETERIA MENU: There is a slight change to the cafeteria menu on February 13th. McCabe students will be served BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Corfman students will be served BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. Menu February 2019.pdf
MODIFIED LOCKDOWN DRILL with REUNIFICATION: Both campuses will hold a Modified Lockdown Drill with Reunification on Friday, February 15th. Once the lockdown portion of the drill is complete, students and staff will be directed to gather by grade in specific locations (MMPR, CMPR, Gym) to take attendance. In the event of an emergency, parents would be directed to their child’s location to sign them out. Students will return to their regular schedules after the drill.
OLYMPICS: Dates for the McCabe and Corfman Olympics are as follows. Parents are always encouraged to attend!!
- McCabe: Thursday, February 28th (full day) the day before the fair
- Corfman: Thursday, April 18th (minimum day) the day before Spring Break
5th Grade: The J.A. BizTown trip is scheduled for Tuesday, April 16th. Payments may be made in the Corfman office. ($50)
6th Grade: Camp Cuyamaca is this month. Payments may be made in the Corfman office. ($275)
8th Grade: Domino’s Fundraiser tickets/money were due Thursday, 2/7.
- Absence reporting:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (760) 335-5205
- February Cafeteria Menu (REVISED):
- February Band Calendar:
- Cafeteria Payments:
- McCabe Website:
Mark your calendars with the following dates:
- Lincoln’s Holiday – NO SCHOOL
- Tryouts begin for Boys’ Flag Football and Girls’ Basketball
- Regular School Board Meeting
- Jr High Valentine’s Dance
- 2:40pm-4:40pm in CMPR
- Please remind your child to have his/her permission slip and money before leaving home. Students will not be called out of class to pick up items left in the office.
- Modified Lockdown Drill with Reunification
- PTO’s Daddy/Daughter Sweetheart Dance Daddy Daughter Poster.pdf
- Corfman MPR
- $10 per couple - $5 for each additional daughter
- Tickets may be purchased through both school offices
- Ticket includes DJ, dancing, light refreshments, photo booth, selfie stations
- Grandfathers, uncles, or friends are welcome!
- For questions, contact Rimmie Mosher at 760-427-5655
- Washington’s Holiday – NO SCHOOL
- 6th Grade heads to Camp Cuyamaca
- Leaving campus at 8:00am
- Check the McCabe website for daily updates of their activities and adventures!
- Will return on Fri, 2/22 at approximately 12:00pm
- High School Matriculation Meeting for 8th grade students and parents
- 1:40pm-2:40pm (CMPR)
- Pre-enrollment packets returned for collection
- 3rd Quarter Progress Reports Go Home
- 6th Grade Returns from Camp Cuyamaca
- Projected time of arrival: 12:00pm
- Flannel Friday
- Band to Mardi Gras
- Leave Band Room at 4:45pm
- Dr. Seuss Day at McCabe
- PeaceBuilder Assemblies “Courage”
- Flowers and balloons are not permitted in the multipurpose rooms
- McCabe Olympics (full day)
- Parents are welcome to attend! Bring your lawn chairs and sunscreen . . . it’s going to be a great day!
- First Day of the Fair – NO SCHOOL
UPCOMING Holidays – No School
- Monday, 2/11 – Abraham Lincoln’s Holiday
- Monday, 2/18 – George Washington’s Holiday
- Friday, 3/1 – First Day of the Fair
- Friday, 4/19 – Friday, 4/26 – Spring Break
- Monday, 5/27 – Memorial Day
UPCOMING Minimum Days
Corfman dismissed at 12:00pm / McCabe dismissed at 12:45pm
- Wednesday, 3/20 for staff development
- Thursday, 4/18 for Corfman Olympics
- Wednesday, 5/15 for staff development
- Thursday, 6/6 for last day of school