Happy Friday, McCabe Families!
We’ve now finished the fifth week of school and we’re off to a great start with lots of exciting things happening on our campuses! Please read through the topics below for the upcoming dates and activities. As always, please refer to our McCabe Website for the latest information.
Thank you for casting your vote for our new McCabe PTO Officers!
- President - Mrs. Jessica Coyne
- Vice-President - Mrs. Katelyn Hendry
- Secretary - Mrs. Carley Hilfiker
- Treasurer - Mr. Alberto Ramirez
Watch for an email with a date for the first PTO meeting of the 2021-2022 school year!
- Progress reports will be sent home today, 9/24 for 4th-8th grade. Please sign and return a copy to your child’s teacher on Monday, 9/27. TK-3rd grade will continue to monitor progress with weekly updates.
REVISED LUNCH SCHEDULES
- 4th Grade – 11:00AM-11:45AM
- 6th Grade – 12:40PM-1:25PM
- Click HERE for all bell schedules
SCHOOLMESSENGER TEXT OPTION
- If you’d like to receive brief updates and notifications through SchoolMessenger text messaging, please click HERE to sign up!
- Try-outs for girls’ volleyball and co-ed soccer have been completed. Good luck and thank you to each of our students who tried out for a sport! For more information and schedule, click HERE.
PE UNIFORMS (7th/8th Grade)
- PE Uniforms are currently on back-order. Once they arrive, we’ll give you a call and you’re welcome to pay with a debit/credit card over the phone and have your child pick up the uniforms in the office the following morning. Thank you for your patience!
- If you plan to drop off a lunch for your child, please remind your child to check the office on the way to the cafeteria. Due to the classroom interruptions, we make every attempt to avoid making phone calls to the classroom. Also, please make sure the lunch is clearly marked with the child’s name.
- If you plan to pick your child up early or have a change in transportation, please contact your child’s school office BEFORE 11AM so we can make the parent aware during lunch.
- McCabe: (760) 335-5210
- Corfman: (760) 335-5200
- Email: ContactUs@muesd.net
- Please contact the attendance office for absence through any of the options below:
- The school offices and front gates are open from 7:30am-4:00pm. Students not picked up within 15 minutes of dismissal will need an adult listed on their emergency contacts to come into the office to pick up the child.
DATES TO REMEMBER
- M, 9/27 Cyber Safety Presentations for 7th/8th during PE
- T, 9/28 Cyber Safety Presentations for 4th-6th Grade
- M, 10/4 ELD Services Begin (M-Th)
- T, 10/5 Bus Evacuation Drill for TK-3rd and 7th Grade
- W, 10/6 Bus Evacuation Drill for 4th-6th and 8th Grade
- F, 10/8 PeaceBuilder Assemblies “Responsibility”
- F, 10/8 No Game (Bye)
- T, 10/12 Regular School Board Meeting at 5:00pm in Gym Classroom
- Th, 10/14 Picture Re-Take Day
- W, 10/20 Minimum Day: McCabe dismissed at 12:55pm / Corfman dismissed at 12:10pm
- Th, 10/21 Great California Shake-Out (10:21AM)
- F, 10/22 Away Game at Barbara Worth in Brawley at 3PM
- Th, 10/28 PeaceBuilder Assemblies “Respect”
- F, 10/29 7th Grade Awards Ceremony
- F, 10/29 Home Game vs. Frank Wright at 3PM
McCabe Union Elementary School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact McCabe Union Elementary School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.