“Whatever you are, be a good one.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
Happy Friday, McCabe Families! As we plan for the upcoming 3-day weekend, let’s do our best to exemplify the character of Abraham Lincoln. Yet far from perfect, he was a model of virtue and honesty with a never-ending quest to learn, faced his fears to overcome defeat and treated others with compassion, kindness, and respect. As the famed African American spokesman W.E.B. DuBois said in 1922 regarding Lincoln: “I love him not because he was perfect but because he was not and yet triumphed.”
LUNCH ON THE LAWN for 1st & 8th GRADE: Please join your 1st or 8th grade child for lunch on February 12, 2020!
- 1st grade from 11:15am-12:05pm
- 8th grade from 12:17pm-12:57pm
Please read through the attached flyer for specifics. 1st/8th Lunch on the Lawn
Week of February 10-14, 2020
- Lincoln’s Holiday ~ NO SCHOOL
- Valentine’s Dance (7th/8th)
- Valentines Dance 2020.pdf
- Lunch on the Lawn for 1st and 8th Grade
- 1st Grade from 11:15am-12:05pm
- 8th Grade from 12:17pm-12:57pm
- Home Game vs. Heber at 3pm
- PTO Meeting at 5:30pm in Gym Classrooms
- Cut-off for 3rd Quarter Progress Reports
- Evacuation Drill with Support Team Training at 8:30am
- Home Game vs. Holtville at 3pm
- Washington’s Holiday – NO SCHOOL
- 6th Grade leaves for Cuyamaca
DROPPED-OFF LUNCHES: If your child is expecting you to drop off his/her fast food or sack lunch, please remind your child to check the office on the way to the cafeteria.
To avoid classroom interruptions, students will NOT be notified when their lunch has arrived. You’re always welcome to sign in at the office and deliver the lunch to your child’s classroom if your child is unaware of an outside lunch arriving.
ORDER YOUR YEARBOOK NOW: If you haven’t yet ordered your child’s yearbook online, please do so soon!! The price is now $35.
- Yearbook orders will be available ONLY online through the Jostens website this year.
- Orders will not be taken through either school office.
- Personalization is no longer available.
- Extra yearbooks will NOT be available for sale through the office at the end of the year.
Click the link below to order your yearbook. https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1003876/McCabe-Elementary-School/2020-Yearbook/20190629042518550160/CATALOG_SHOP/
OR . . . click the flyer below to access the quick-order QR code. Yearbook Flyer
CAMP CUYAMACA: Cuyamaca camp payments and medication forms were due on Monday, 1/6. Please pay any remaining balances or turn in any medications/forms as soon as possible.
ABSENCES: We understand how hectic it can be to have a sick child while trying to get yourself ready for work. We now have an email address for you to send your child’s excuse to our attendance office once you get to your computer! Simply shoot a quick email to our attendance clerk, Faviola James, at email@example.com with the information listed below:
- Child’s name
- Child’s grade/teacher
- Reason for the child’s absence
Or, if it’s easier to call from your car, dial (760) 335-5205 and leave a message. It’s just that simple!
REMEMBER – All absences are considered unexcused until we hear from you! Please make every attempt to contact the attendance department to justify your child’s absence.
for February/March 2020
- Lincoln’s Holiday – NO SCHOOL – Monday, February 10, 2020
- 1st & 8th Grade Lunch on the Lawn – Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1st/8th Lunch on the Lawn Flyer
- PTO Meeting – Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 5:30pm
- Cut-Off for 3rd Quarter Progress Reports – Friday, February 14, 2020
- Washington’s Holiday – NO SCHOOL – Monday, February 17, 2020
- 6th Grade to Camp Cuyamaca – Tuesday, February 18th – Friday, February 21, 2020
- 3rd Quarter Progress Reports Go Home – Friday, February 21, 2020
- McCabe Olympics – Thursday, February 27, 2020 (full day)
- 1st Day of Fair – NO SCHOOL – Friday, February 28, 2020
- 2nd Grade to San Diego Zoo – Friday, March 6, 2020
- Spring Break – April 10-17, 2020
- Corfman Olympics – Thursday, April 9, 2020 (minimum day)
- 8th Grade Graduation – Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 7:00pm at SHS Theater
- McCabe Website
- Cafeteria Menus
- Band Calendars
- Orchestra Calendars
- Lunch Applications
Corfman dismissed at 12:10pm
McCabe dismissed at 12:55pm
- W, Mar 18th – Staff Development
- W, Apr 1st – Staff Development
- Th, Apr 9th – Corfman Olympics
- W, May 13th – Staff Development
- Th, Jun 4th – Last Day of School