HAPPY VETERANS DAY WEEKEND, McCabe Families!!
Take a little time this 3-day weekend to thank a U.S. veteran and remember those we’ve lost while protecting our country. We appreciate those who have served the United States so honorably!
Thank you, parents and family members, for your attendance at your child’s Parent-Teacher Conference. Communication between teacher and family is key in the education of our students and we appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to meet with our staff. We are happy to be a partner in your child’s success!
As we enter the second quarter of the school year, please take a few minutes to update your child’s information through your ParentVUE account. Should you need assistance with your username or password, contact either school office and we’ll be happy to get you back on track! https://sdhome.sdcoe.net/mccabe/PXP2_Login_Parent.aspx?regenerateSessionId=True
Make updates to any of the following information:
- Emergency contacts
- Parent email address
- Health concerns
Week of November 9-17, 2019
- Band to Cattle Call Parade
- Depart at 8:30 AM
- Return at 12:30 PM
- Veterans Day Holiday – NO SCHOOL
- Band to Veterans Day Parade in Holtville
- Depart from band room at 8:45 AM
- Return to band room at 12:00 PM
- 8th Grade BBQ tickets/money due
- Please deliver tickets and money to homeroom teacher
- TK & 7th Grade Lunch on the Lawn Event (see info below)
- TK from 10:30 AM – 11:20 AM
- 7th from 11:24 AM – 12:04 PM
- PTO Meeting at 6:30 PM in gym classroom
- Kinder Color – PINK
- 8th Grade BBQ
- 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Corfman car line (drive-thru only)
LUNCH ON THE LAWN: McCabe will host a series of ‘Lunch on the Lawn’ events to be held during your child’s normal lunch time. Every grade level will have an assigned day. Check the website for your child’s day! http://www.muesd.net
Our first event will be on Wednesday, November 13th for TK and 7th grade.
The Parent Agreement is attached. This will help assist teachers with which students will eat in the cafeteria and which parents to watch for. TK and 7th Grade Nov 13 2019 with Signature.pdf
Lunch on the Lawn Guidelines:
- Have your ID in hand when you arrive at the office to expedite the check-in process with Raptor.
- Bring a picnic or fast-food lunch to share with your child.
- Bring a blanket or towel to sit on in the grass area as tables/benches will not be available.
- Adult lunches will not be served out of the cafeteria.
- Children will stay with their class until they see their parent and they are dismissed by their teacher.
- Students who do not have a parent present when they walk to the cafeteria will eat inside the cafeteria. You’re welcome to take your child from the cafeteria once you’ve checked in through the office.
- Adults may eat ONLY with their own children and must be listed on the child’s emergency contact list. Lunch passes will not be accepted on ‘Lunch on the Lawn’ days.
- Please do not sign your child out after the event. School attendance is important.
- We ask that sibling attending either McCabe or Corfman not be pulled from class to eat with a sibling. We want each child to have their own special day!
- In the event of inclement weather, the day will be postponed to a day when the weather is a little nicer.
8th GRADE BBQ: If you haven’t been approached by an 8th grade student to purchase a $10 BBQ ticket to support their Catalina trip in May, stop on by either school office to purchase a ticket for a tasty deep-pit beef BBQ plate with all the fixin’s on Sunday, 11/17! Drive-thru only at the Corfman MPR.
8th Grade Students – Tickets and money are due to your homeroom teacher on Tuesday, 11/12.
Parents - If you’re not linked up with the 8th Grade Remind App, click the link below and stay in the loop!
- Visit https://www.remind.com/join/84e493
- Text @84e493 to the number 81010
YEARBOOKS – Time is running out to order your yearbook with FREE icons! Pre-order your yearbooks now! Yearbook orders will be available ONLY via online purchase this year. Click the link below to pre-order your yearbook! McCabe Yearbook Flyer Nov 2019.pdf
- Oct 21 – Jan 20: Cost $32 Personalization available for $5
- Jan 21 – Feb 20: Cost $32: Personalization no longer available
MY SCHOOL BUCKS: The website for My School Bucks will be down for scheduled maintenance from November 7-17, 2019. Payments may be made in either school office.
- Veterans Day – Nov 11, 2019 (No School)
- 8th Grade BBQ – Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 11am-3pm at Corfman MPR (drive-thru only)
- Thanksgiving Break – Nov 25-29, 2019
- See’s Candies Distribution Week – December 2-6, 2019
- Winter Break – Dec 20, 2019 – Jan 3, 2020
- Spring Break – April 10-17, 2020
- McCabe Website
- Cafeteria Menu (November)
- Band Calendar (November)
- Orchestra Calendar (November)
- Sports Schedule (Spring)
- Coming soon!
- Lunch Applications
- Th, Dec 19th – Day before Winter Break
- W, Jan 15th – Staff Development
- W, Feb 5th – Staff Development
- W, Mar 18th – Staff Development
- W, Apr 1st – Staff Development
- Th, Apr 9th – Corfman Olympics
- W, May 13th – Staff Development
- Th, Jun 4th – Last Day of School