We’re already through the first quarter of the school year. With Thanksgiving and Winter Break during the second quarter, we’ll be half-way through the school year before you know it! Continue to check grades and missing assignments through your ParentVUE account if you have a junior high student. The last day of the semester will be on January 17th.
BOOK FAIR: The Follett Book Fair will run from Friday, 11/1 through Thursday, 11/7 in the gym classrooms. Class visits will be held during school hours. The Book Fair will be open for parents to visit during Parent Conference Week until 4:00 PM. Stop by and start your Christmas shopping! Book Fair Flyer 2019.pdf
PARENT CONFERENCES: Parent Conference will be held the week of November 4th. M, 11/4 will be a full day. T, 11/5 – F, 11/8 will be minimum days. Please check your child’s backpack for your appointment notice. If you’d like a translator present during your conference, please let the teacher know ahead of time.
- Corfman dismissed at 12:10 PM
- McCabe dismissed at 12:55 PM
LUNCH ON THE LAWN: McCabe will host a series of ‘Lunch on the Lawn’ events. Every grade level will have an assigned day. Check the website for your child’s day! www.muesd.net
Our first event will be on November 13th for TK and 7th grade.
Lunch on the Lawn Guidelines:
- Have your ID in hand when you arrive at the office to expedite the check-in process with Raptor.
- Bring a picnic or fast-food lunch to share with your child.
- Bring a blanket or towel to sit on in the grass area as tables/benches will not be available.
- Adult lunches will not be served out of the cafeteria.
- Children will stay with their class until they see their parent and they are dismissed by their teacher.
- Students who do not have a parent present when they walk to the cafeteria will eat inside the cafeteria. You’re welcome to take your child from the cafeteria once you’ve checked in through the office.
- Adults may eat ONLY with their own children and must be listed on the child’s emergency contact list. Lunch passes will not be accepted on ‘Lunch on the Lawn’ days.
- In the event of inclement weather, the day will be postponed to a day when the weather is a little nicer.
If you haven’t been approached by an 8th grade student to purchase a $10 BBQ ticket to support their Catalina trip in May, stop on by either school office to purchase a ticket for a tasty deep-pit beef BBQ plate with all the fixin’s on Sunday, 11/17! Drive-thru only at the CMPR.
BLUE NOTES: If you need to pick your child up from school early for any reason, please call the school office by 11:00 AM for a Blue Note. This will give the teacher advance notice of your child leaving early and have him/her ready to go when you get here.
If a Blue Note is not called in prior to your arrival, you will be asked to sign in with your ID to pick your child up from the classroom, computer lab, library, fields, or cafeteria.
CARS AND KIDS DON’T MIX! Being a school site with almost 1,400 students, it is common for our students to be out and about before and after school.
A few things to remember as you drop off and pick up your children each day:
- Please keep your vehicle’s speed under 5 mph while in the car lines and parking lots.
- Please park and walk your child through the south parking lot to the entrance gate. This lot is not a designated drop-off area.
- Put your cell phone down and keep eyes forward to be aware of your surroundings.
- Encourage your children to use the marked crosswalks for their own safety.
- Never let children cross McCabe Road or Austin Road alone. Always pick them up at the car line and cross them yourself.
Week of October 28-Nov 1, 2019
- 8th grade BBQ ticket sales continue through November 1st
- BBQ on Sunday, 11/17
- Home Game vs. Frank Wright at 3:00 PM
- Halloween – In lieu of costumes, please wear BLACK & ORANGE!
- Book Fair – class visits in gym classroom
- Book Fair – class visits in gym classroom
- Kinder Color – BROWN
- Away Game at Barbara Worth at 1:00 PM
- Don’t forget to set your clocks back and hour before going to bed for Daylight Savings Time!
- Soccer Tournament in Westmorland
LOST & FOUND: All Lost & Found items will be donated to a local charity at the end of each quarter. If you child is missing a lunch box, water bottle, glasses, keys, jewelry, sweatshirt, etc., please have him/her check the office or Lost and Found boxes on both campuses.
YEARBOOKS – Time is running out to order your yearbook with FREE icons! Pre-order your yearbooks now! Yearbook orders will be available ONLY via online purchase this year. Click the link below to pre-order your yearbook!
- Oct 21 – Jan 20: Cost $32 Personalization available for $5
- Jan 21 – Feb 20: Cost $32: Personalization no longer available
- Parent Conference Week – November 4-8, 2019 (Minimum days for Nov 5-8 only)
- Book Fair – Week of November 4-7, 2019
- Veterans Day – Nov 11, 2019
- 8th Grade BBQ – Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 at Corfman MPR (drive-thru only)
- Thanksgiving Break – Nov 25-29, 2019
- See’s Candies Distribution Week – December 2-6, 2019
- Winter Break – Dec 20, 2019 – Jan 3, 2020
- Spring Break – April 10-17, 2020
- McCabe Website
- October Cafeteria Menu
- November Cafeteria Menu
- Band Calendar
- Orchestra Calendar
- October https://4.files.edl.io/c6d4/09/30/19/165904-4656663e-9edf-4017-80b8-4e6f6d288064.pdf
- November https://4.files.edl.io/d00f/10/22/19/213413-ac07d511-3718-49c4-b72f-d7bdec4a1e04.pdf
- Sports Schedule
- Lunch Applications
- T-F, Nov 5th-8th – Parent Conference Week (M, 11/4 is a full day)
- Th, Nov 1-Th, Nov 7 – Book Fair
- Th, Dec 19th – Day before Winter Break
- W, Jan 15th – Staff Development
- W, Feb 5th – Staff Development
- W, Mar 18th – Staff Development
- W, Apr 1st – Staff Development
- Th, Apr 9th – Corfman Olympics
- W, May 13th – Staff Development
- Th, Jun 4th – Last Day of School