PeaceBuilder Character Trait for October ~ RESPECT
A big THANK YOU for your Red Shoe Day donations on October 17th! We exceeded last year’s total and were able to make a generous donation of $2,211.11 this year to Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego!!
IT’S FINALLY CARNIVAL WEEKEND!!
HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL – McCabe’s PTO will host its annual Halloween Carnival on Saturday, October 19, 2019 from 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM. See attached flyer and map for more information!
- Gates open at 5:30 PM
- Parking available at both school sites south of McCabe campus
- Carpooling encouraged
- 4 ticket booths
- Front Gate 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Back Gate 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Grass Area 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Inside CMPR 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Lots of fun booths!
- Photo booth, football toss, cake walk, Rip Riders, Wheel-of-Fortune, pumpkin patch, and a Kinder Korner for the little ones!
- BINGO in CMPR from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Tons of food options!
- Rally’s, Los Cabos, Lemonade Larry’s, Spears Snow Cone Truck, and lots of traditional carnival food and snacks!
During Red Ribbon Week, we celebrate by dressing up for Spirit Week . . .
SPIRIT WEEK: The week of October 21-25 is Red Ribbon Spirit Week! Red Ribbon Spirit Week 2019.pdf
M, 10/21 – Sweats Day
- We don’t sweat drugs! Come in sweats to show drugs how much you can kick it!
T, 10/22 – Team Up Against Drugs
- #TWINNING – Team up with your friends to stop drugs! Match with a friend or a group of friends to show you are ready to TEAM UP AGAINST DRUGS!
W, 10/23 - HERO DAY
- Be a hero and stay drug free! Dress like someone real or fictional who is a positive hero to you as they lead others to be drug free. IE: Superheroes, Veterans, etc.
Th, 10/24 – Decades Day
- #THROWBACKTHURSDAY – Make drugs a thing of the past by dressing up in your favorite decode! IE: 50’s Grease style, 80’s Aerobics Instructor, etc.
F, 10/25 - Fantasy Day
- Dress as if you are part of a fairy tale! IE: Prince/Princess, Pirate from the Open Sea, Fairy, Mermaid/Merman, etc.
Th, 10/31 – Black & Orange Day
- In lieu of wearing costumes, let’s carry on our tradition of wearing black and orange!
PTO HALLOWEEN GRAMS: Our amazing PTO will be on site to sell Halloween Grams next week (Oct 21-25) at the following times and locations: Halloween Grams Flyer with Order Forms.pdf
- McCabe (front gate) before school
- Corfman (outside MPR) during lunch
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC): Learn about ELPAC, EL Support, Reclassification, and Progress Monitoring. The English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) at the MUESD is comprised of parents/guardians of English Learners. They work together with administration and staff on programs and services for English Learners.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019
- 5:30 PM
- Corfman Gym Classroom
- For questions, contact our ELD Coordinator, Mrs. Veronica Hernandez at (760) 335-5215.
- ELAC Meeting Flyer (English).pdf
- ELAC Meeting Flyer (Spanish).pdf
CARS AND KIDS DON’T MIX! Being a school site with almost 1,400 students, it is common for our students to be out and about before and after school.
A few things to remember as you drop off and pick up your children each day:
- Please keep your vehicle’s speed under 5 mph while in the car lines and parking lots.
- Put your cell phone down and keep eyes forward to be aware of your surroundings.
- Encourage your children to use the marked crosswalks for their own safety.
- Never let children cross McCabe Road or Austin Road alone. Always meet them at the car line and cross them yourself.
Week of October 19-25, 2019
- 8th Grade BBQ tickets for sale
- BBQ date – Sunday, 11/17
- See your neighborhood 8th grader or stop into either school office to purchase a ticket!
- Red Ribbon Assemblies
- 2nd/3rd at 1:00 PM
- 4th/5th/6th at 2:00 PM
- ELAC Parent Info Meeting
- 5:30 PM in Gym Classroom
- Minimum Day for Staff Development
- Corfman dismissed at 12:10 PM
- McCabe dismissed at 12:55 PM
- PeaceBuilder Assemblies for “RESPECT”
- 7/8 at 8:15 AM
- 4/5/6 at 9:00 AM
- 1st at 1:00 PM
- 2/3 at 1:30 PM
- Halloween Dance (7th/8th) "Nightmare on McCabe Road"
- Flyer/Permission Slip: Nightmare on McCabe Road.pdf
- 2:40 PM – 4:00 PM
- Dress code guidelines still apply
- End of 1st Quarter Grading Period – All Lost & Found will be donated to charity.
- Kinder Color – GRAY
- Kinder PeaceBuilder Assemblies for “RESPECT”
- Away Game at Heber at 3:00 PM
- Band to Heber Parade
- Depart band room at 1:20 PM
- Return by 5:00 PM
LOST & FOUND: All Lost & Found items will be donated to a local charity at the end of each quarter. If you child is missing a lunch box, water bottle, glasses, keys, jewelry, sweatshirt, etc., please have him/her check the office or Lost and Found boxes on both campuses.
YEARBOOKS – Time is running out to order your yearbook with FREE icons! Pre-order your yearbooks now! Yearbook orders will be available ONLY via online purchase this year. Click the link below to pre-order your yearbook!
- Oct 21 – Jan 20: Cost $32 Personalization available for $5 – free icon offer not available
- Jan 21 – Feb 20: Cost $32: Personalization no longer available
- Parent Conference Week – November 4-8, 2019 (Minimum days for Nov 5-8 only)
- Book Fair – Week of November 4-7, 2019
- Veterans Day – Nov 11, 2019
- Thanksgiving Break – Nov 25-29, 2019
- See’s Candies Distribution Week – December 2-6, 2019
- Winter Break – Dec 20, 2019 – Jan 3, 2020
- Spring Break – April 10-17, 2020
- 8th Grade Graduation – June 3, 2020 at 7:00 PM
- Last Day of School – June 4, 2020
- McCabe Website
- October Cafeteria Menu
- Band Calendar (October)
- Orchestra Calendar (October)
- Sports Schedule (Fall)
- Lunch Applications
- W, Oct 23rd – Staff Development
- T-F, Nov 5th-8th – Parent Conference Week (M, 11/4 is a full day)
- Th, Dec 19th – Day before Winter Break
- W, Jan 15th – Staff Development
- W, Feb 5th – Staff Development
- W, Mar 18th – Staff Development
- W, Apr 1st – Staff Development
- Th, Apr 9th – Corfman Olympics
- W, May 13th – Staff Development
- Th, Jun 4th – Last Day of School