PeaceBuilder Character Trait for October ~ RESPECT
The week of October 14-19 is a VERY busy week with National Digital Citizenship Week “Be Internet Awesome” presentations, carnival ticket sales, picture retakes, Red Shoe Day, Great California Shake-Out, away game in Holtville, and the Halloween Carnival. Please take a few minutes to read through the items below and mark your calendars so you don't miss out on anything!
Week of October 14-19, 2019 – Red Ribbon Spirit Week
- Picture retake day!
- Order Link - LifeTouch
- School ID: CK139114Y1
- Wear RED for Red Shoe Day – have your spare change ready to toss in the BIG RED BOOT when you drive through the morning car lines! DONATION LINK
- Great California Shake-Out at 10:17 AM https://www.shakeout.org/california/
- 6th Grade Fieldtrip to ICSO Red Ribbon Drug Awareness Event at IV Expo
- Spirit Day (wear any McCabe/Corfman clothing: PeaceBuilder shirt, sports uniform, spirit wear, etc.)
- Kinder Color - WHITE
- Away Game at Holtville at 3:00 PM
- PTO Halloween Carnival Halloween Carnival Flyer 2019.pdf
- Gates open at 5:30 PM
- Parking available at both school sites, south of McCabe campus, and on McCabe Road
- Carpooling is encouraged!
- Lots of fun booths!
- Photo booth, football toss, cake walk, Rip Riders, Wheel-of-Fortune, pumpkin patch, and a Kinder Korner for the little ones!
- BINGO from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM in the CMPR
- Tons of food options!
- Rally’s, Los Cabos, Lemonade Larry’s, Spears Snow Cone Truck, and lots of traditional carnival food and snacks!
ICAPCD DUST ABATEMENT PROJECT IS COMPLETE!!
The south lot overflow parking area will reopen on Monday, 10/14. A HUGE ‘Thank You’ to the Imperial County Air Pollution Control District for their hard work in helping make our McCabe community dust-free!
BE INTERNET AWESOME! The Week of October 14th is National Digital Citizenship Week and our annual student ambassador program will take place. This has become a new tradition at McCabe! 8th Grade Computer Science Students have prepared "Be Internet Awesome" Presentations for McCabe and Corfman Students. National Digital Citizenship Week Poster (1).pdf
During their presentations 8th grade students will cover topics such as:
- SMART Create and Manage a Positive Digital Footprint Be Internet Smart.pdf
- ALERT Recognize the signs of Phishing and Potential Scam Be Internet Alert.pdf
- STRONG Practice how to create strong passwords Be Strong.pdf
- KIND Lead with positivity in online communications Be Kind Online.pdf
- BRAVE Foster Open Communication with a trusted adult to discuss inappropriate online behaviors Be Internet Brave.pdf
CARNIVAL PRESALE TICKETS: Presale tickets for games and food will be sold:
- M/T/W in both school offices
- 25 tickets for $20 WHAT A GREAT DEAL !!
- Th in PM car lines (no AM due to Red Shoe Day in car lines)
- $25 for 25 tickets
- F in AM and PM car lines
- $25 for 25 tickets
- At the carnival in the following locations:
- Front Gate (5:30 PM – 7:30 PM)
- Back Gate (5:30 PM – 7:30 PM)
- Grass Area near CMPR (5:30 PM – 8:30 PM)
- Inside CMPR (5:30 PM – 8:30 PM)
W, 10/16 - PICTURE RETAKE DAY: If your child was absent on their original picture day in September, your child will have his/her picture taken the morning of W, 10/16 for yearbook purposes. Please pre-order your child’s pictures online at https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/?_ga=2.196118312.544243494.1570458583-207567953.1567626158#/ OR pick up a picture packet with order form from either school office. Use Picture Day ID: CK139114Y1
If you were unsatisfied with your child’s original pictures, please send the original picture packet intact with your child the morning of W, 10/16 so he/she can retake their picture.
TH, 10/17 - RED SHOE DAY: Start collecting your spare change to drop in the BIG RED BOOT as you drive through the morning car line at both school sites on Thursday, 10/17! Donations may be made with cash, coins, or online at: bit.ly/RSCIV2019 (this link is case sensitive) All money will be turned in to the Ronald McDonald crew at 10:00 AM on Thursday. Red Shoe Crew Guide IV-Original 2019.pdf Advertorial.pdf Red Shoe Day Flyer 2019.pdf
ORCHESTRA – Dr. Busse would like to invite you all to the Southwest High School Orchestra's encore performance "Night at the Movies" at 7:00 PM on Friday, 10/18 at Southwest High Schools’ Jimmie Cannon Theater. $7 per person entry fee. Doors open at 6:30 PM.
SAT, 10/19 - HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL - PTO will host its annual Halloween Carnival on Saturday, October 19, 2019 from 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM on the Corfman campus. Carnival gates will open at 5:30 PM. Parking will be available on McCabe Road and in all school parking lots. See attached flyer for more information! Halloween Carnival Flyer 2019.pdf
YEARBOOKS – Time is running out to order your yearbook with FREE icons! Pre-order your yearbooks now! Yearbook orders will be available ONLY via online purchase this year. Click the link below to pre-order your yearbook!
- Sept 13 – Oct 20: Cost $32 Personalization available for $5 with FREE icons!
- Oct 21 – Jan 20: Cost $32 Personalization available for $5 – free icon offer not available
- Jan 21 – Feb 20: Cost $32: Personalization no longer available
- End of 1st Quarter Grading Period – Friday, Oct 25, 2019
- Parent Conference Week – November 4-8, 2019 (Minimum days for Nov 5-8 only)
- Book Fair – Week of November 4-7, 2019
- See’s Candies Distribution Week – December 2-6, 2019
- Veterans Day – Nov 11, 2019
- Thanksgiving Break – Nov 25-29, 2019
- Winter Break – Dec 20, 2019 – Jan 3, 2020
- Spring Break – April 10-17, 2020
- McCabe Website
- October Cafeteria Menu
- Band Calendar
- Orchestra Calendar
- Sports Schedule
- Lunch Applications
- W, Oct 23rd – Staff Development
- T-F, Nov 5th-8th – Parent Conference Week (M, 11/4 is a full day)
- Th, Dec 19th – Day before Winter Break
- W, Jan 15th – Staff Development
- W, Feb 5th – Staff Development
- W, Mar 18th – Staff Development
- W, Apr 1st – Staff Development
- Th, Apr 9th – Corfman Olympics
- W, May 13th – Staff Development
- Th, Jun 4th – Last Day of School