Welcome to October with cooler weather, more outside play time, Pumpkin Spice, and Christmas decorations in the stores!
The Month of October at McCabe is filled with many fun and necessary activities: Bus Evacuation Drills, Picture Re-Take Day, Red Shoe Day, Great California Shake-Out, Halloween Dance (7th/8th), and our annual Halloween Carnival!
Our PeaceBuilder Character Trait for October is "RESPECT." Please help us reinforce this month's trait at home by setting the following examples:
- Treating others the way you want to be treated
- Showing kindness and consideration
- Liking yourself enough to be yourself This is an important one for our kiddos to remember!!
- Accepting others AND ourselves for who we all are
Week of September 30 – October 4, 2019
- Bus Evacuation Slideshow/Drill for TK/K/1 & 7/5/6
- Bus Evacuation Slideshow/Drill for 2/3 & 4/8
- See’s Candies Money Due
- Kinder Color – ORANGE
- Home Game vs Kennedy at 3pm
PTO will host its annual Halloween Carnival on Saturday, October 19, 2019 from 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM. Pre-sale tickets will be sold in both school offices as well as in the morning and afternoon carlines on Thursday, 10/17 and Friday, 10/18. $25 for 25 tickets. Carnival gates will open at 5:30 PM. See attached flyer for more information! Halloween Carnival Flyer 2019.pdf
ORCHESTRA - Mr. Brett Bird will return to Beginning & Intermediate Orchestras on M, 9/30. All band and orchestra classes will be back on schedule!
BAND – Upcoming Events for band students:
- Band shirt order form DUE: F, 10/4 Band T-Shirt Order Form; 2019-2020.pdf
- Advanced Band
- Uniform fitting on W, 10/2 or Th, 10/3 Band Fitting and Agreement Form; 2019-2020.pdf
- Heber Fall Fiesta Parade on S, 10/26
- Permission slip DUE: W, 10/22 Parent Permission Slip; Heber Fall Fiesta Parade .pdf
The band gate will be locked at 7:15 AM. Any students arriving after 7:15 AM will not be able to enter campus until the office opens at 7:30 AM.
YEARBOOKS - Pre-order your yearbooks now! Yearbook orders will be available ONLY via online purchase this year. Click the link below to pre-order your yearbook!
- Sept 13 – Oct 20: Cost $32 Personalization available for $5 with FREE icons!
- Oct 21 – Jan 20: Cost $32 Personalization available for $5 – free icon offer not available
- Jan 21 – Feb 20: Cost $32: Personalization no longer available
LUNCH APPLICATIONS: Lunch applications for eligibility to be used in determining free/reduced price lunch meals or free milk MUST be renewed annually and do not automatically extend into the next school year. All prior applications not renewed will expire on September 30, 2019. To apply or reapply, go to https://www.muesd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=741239&type=d&pREC_ID=1238624
- McCabe Website
- Cafeteria Menu
- Band Calendar
- Coming soon!
- Orchestra Calendar
- Coming soon!
- Sports Schedule
- Lunch Applications
- Picture Re-Take Day – Wednesday, Oct 16, 2019
- End of 1st Quarter Grading Period – Friday, Oct 25, 2019
- Halloween Carnival - Saturday, Oct 19, 2019
- Parent Conference Week & Report Cards – November 4-8, 2019 (11/4 full day – 11/5-8 mini days)
- Veterans Day – Nov 11, 2019
- Thanksgiving Break – Nov 25-29, 2019
- Winter Break – Dec 20, 2019 – Jan 3, 2020
- Spring Break – April 10-17, 2020
- Red Shoe Day – Thursday, October 17, 2019
- Great California Shake-Out – Thursday, October 17, 2019
- Halloween Carnival – Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Parent Conference Week – November 4-8, 2019 (Minimum days for Nov 5-8 only)
- Book Fair – Week of November 4-7, 2019
- See’s Candies Distribution Week – December 2-6, 2019
- W, Oct 23rd – Staff Development
- T-F, Nov 5th-8th – Parent Conference Week (M, 11/4 is a full day)
- Th, Dec 19th – Day before Winter Break
- W, Jan 15th – Staff Development
- W, Feb 5th – Staff Development
- W, Mar 18th – Staff Development
- W, Apr 1st – Staff Development
- Th, Apr 9th – Corfman Olympics
- W, May 13th – Staff Development
- Th, Jun 4th – Last Day of School