Our PeaceBuilder character trait for the month of September is “RESPONSIBILITY.” Please help us reinforce this important attribute at home by making sure students have everything packed up and ready for school in the morning.
A few helpful tips:
- Lay out clothes and make lunches the night before.
- Have backpack (with completed homework!) next to the front door and add last-minute items in the morning.
- Bus tags are a necessity for your child to load the bus after school. Please remind your child that their bus tag is like having their very own driver license . . . they MUST have it with them at all times.
- Hang a tag or keychain from your child’s backpack as a reminder for the car line or the bus. This helps assure little ones they’re going in the right direction after school.
- Remind your child that it is his/her responsibility to check the office for a forgotten lunch or lunch dropped off by Mom or Dad. Students will not be notified when the lunch arrives, but parents are always welcome to sign in and deliver the lunch to the classroom or cafeteria.
- Attendance and tardies are also part of becoming a responsible adult. Much of a child’s school success starts with attendance! Missing just 2 days of school a month means a child misses 10% of the school year.
- And lastly, PRAISE your child for taking responsibility for picking up their room and being prepared for school. Everyone likes to be commended on a job well-done!
REMINDER: Monday, September 2nd is Labor Day and there is no school.
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL ELECTION RESULTS: Congratulations to the winners of our School Site Council election: Jessica Aceves, Marcy Mendoza, Ken Phillips. Thank you to those of you who graciously volunteered to sit on McCabe's School Site Council!
LUNCH APPLICATIONS: Lunch applications MUST be renewed annually and do not automatically extend into the next school year. To apply or reapply, go to https://www.muesd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=741239&type=d&pREC_ID=1238624.
MINIMUM DAYS: Our first minimum day will be on Wednesday, September 18th. Please make a note of our new dismissal times for minimum days:
- McCabe will dismiss at 12:55pm
- Corfman will dismiss at 12:10pm
- Cafeteria Menu:
- Lunch Applications:
- Band Calendar:
- Orchestra Calendar:
- Bus Routes:
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Monday, Sept 2nd
- Labor Day – NO SCHOOL
- Friday, Sept 6th
- Kinder Color – RED (2nd week in a row)
- Monday, Sept 9th
- Bus Evacuation Presentation/Emergency Preparedness Drill in AM for TK/K/1 & 4/5/6
- Tuesday, Sept 9th
- Bus Evacuation Presentation/Emergency Preparedness Drill in AM for 2/3 & 7/8
- Wednesday, Sept 11th
- Corfman Picture Day
- Thursday, Sept 12th
- McCabe Picture Day
- PTO Meeting at 5:30pm in Gym Classroom
- Friday, Sept 13th
- See’s Candy Fundraiser begins through Friday, Oct 4, 2019
- Kinder Color – BLUE
FUTURE DATES & HOLIDAYS:
- 1st Quarter Progress Reports – Friday, Sept 20, 2019
- End of 1st Quarter Grading Period – Friday, Oct 25, 2019
- Halloween Carnival - Saturday, Oct 19, 2019
- Parent Conference Week – November 4-8, 2019 (11/4 full day – 11/5-8 mini days)
- Veterans Day – Nov 11, 2019
- Thanksgiving Break – Nov 25-29, 2019
- Winter Break – Dec 20, 2019 – Jan 3, 2020
- Spring Break – April 10-17, 2020
Future Minimum Days:
- W, Sept 18th – Staff Development
- W, Oct 23rd – Staff Development
- T-F, Nov 5th-8th – Parent Conference Week (M, 11/4 is a full day)
- Th, Dec 19th – Day before Winter Break
- W, Jan 15th – Staff Development
- W, Feb 5th – Staff Development
- W, Mar 18th – Staff Development
- W, Apr 1st – Staff Development
- Th, Apr 9th – Corfman Olympics
- W, May 13th – Staff Development
- Th, Jun 4th – Last Day of School