We have SO many new and exciting things to tell you about, so sit back and relax. This will be an informational email with many things to make note of!
We are proud to introduce the McCabe Union Elementary School District’s new Mission Vision Statement.
VISION: “Our vision is to prepare students with academic and social skills, habits of mind, and character traits necessary to be responsible, productive citizens.”
MISSION: “Our mission is to be the model of educational excellence, innovation and leadership. We are committed to work collectively with students, families, and the community. We are dedicated to provide a safe and conducive environment for learning.”
VALUES: To view the details of our McCabe values, Integrity, Achievement, Equity, Accountability, Environment, and Community, visit our website at: https://4.files.edl.io/c884/08/22/19/212310-eedb6c57-6473-424d-9b25-abf29d01f165.pdf
LUNCH APPLICATIONS: Click the link below to apply for free/reduced lunch. Create account using www.myschoolbucks.com to check lunch balances, make payments, schedule auto payments, and set low balance reminders. Cafeteria bills will be sent home with students on Friday, 8/30. https://www.muesd.net/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=741239&type=d&pREC_ID=1238624
BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT: Our annual Back-to-School Night will be held on Thursday, August 29, 2019 at the following times: Back-To-School Flyer 2019.pdf
- TK/K from 5:30 PM – 6:00 PM in classrooms
- 1st-3rd Grade from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM in classrooms
- 4th-6th Grade from 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM in classrooms
- 7th Grade from 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM in the gym
- 8th Grade from 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM in the Corfman MPR
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL ELECTIONS: If you are interested in serving on the School Site Council (SSC), please complete the form below and return it to your child’s teacher or email Becky Gibbs at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 28, 2019. Please be sure to include all necessary information in your email as listed below. There are currently three (3) positions open. Elected SSC members serve a two-year term and attend quarterly SSC meetings in the evening. Elections will be held Thursday, August 29, 2019 during our Back-to-School Night. If you have any questions, please (760) 335-5200.
To add your name to the ballot, complete and submit the SSC Elections form: https://4.files.edl.io/fb14/08/23/19/173404-f754b40d-7e14-48ab-9b42-b1c37e435654.pdf
BLUE NOTES: Blue notes must be called in by 11:00am to be sure they get to your child’s teacher at lunch time. Parents picking students picked up early without a blue note wil
MINIMUM DAYS: Our first minimum day will be on Wednesday, September 18th. Please make a note of our new dismissal times for minimum days:
- McCabe will dismiss at 12:55pm
- Corfman will dismiss at 12:10pm
DRESS CODE: Take a few minutes to look over the dress code policy to avoid dress code violations. Our most common violation at this time of year tends to be the length of shorts.
- BP 5132 http://www.gamutonline.net/district/mccabeunionesd/DisplayPolicy/1082163/5
- AR 5132 http://www.gamutonline.net/district/mccabeunionesd/displayPolicy/1082164/5
Wearing of Shorts - Students will be allowed to wear Bermuda shorts, walking shorts, or shorts of this type within the following guidelines:
- Shorts must be mid-thigh or longer
- If the shorts have slits or notches, tops of the slits or notches cannot be above mid-length
iii. Shorts must be hemmed and straight legged.
Leggings and yoga pants are considered an undergarment and must be covered by another garment (longer shirt, skirt, shorts, or dress) that must be no shorter than mid-thigh.
WATER BOTTLES: With the high temperatures at this time of year, students are encouraged to bring water bottles from home to refill throughout the day. The McCabe campus has water stations with refrigerated drinking fountains and bottle-fillers. Water bottles must be translucent (see-through) and no glass is permitted.
McCABE PARENTS (TK-3rd Grade):
- The McCabe Office now has its own direct line for quick access to the office staff:
- (760) 335-5210
- McCabe students will be held at the front gate until the first morning bell rings at 7:45am at which time playground and hallway supervision begins. This is the protocol case for the Corfman campus.
- TIP: To help expedite the car line at dismissal time, have a large sheet a paper with your child’s name, grade, and teacher in the front windshield. Be a trendsetter!
A few things to help you during the start of the 19/20 school year:
- Cafeteria Menu: https://4.files.edl.io/1d03/08/01/19/190019-09655ae4-b76c-49e2-92e6-22a12af3404d.pdf
- Bus Routes: Continue to check on your child’s bus route online. Changes are often made the first few weeks of school as new students enroll and stops are added. Maps are available for view through the McCabe website.
- Raptor: Please remember to have your driver’s license, State ID, or passport in hand when visiting either campus or signing your child out of school.
- Late Pick-Ups: Students not picked within 15 minutes of release from school/tutoring/sports/GATE/yearbook will need a parent to sign them out from the office using our Raptor system. Please have your ID in hand to expedite the process.
DATES TO REMEMBER IN AUGUST:
- Band/Orchestra Night: Monday, 8/26 in the Corfman MPR (click links for more information)
- Back-to-School Night: Thursday, 8/29 https://4.files.edl.io/467b/08/23/19/164101-49454e78-1392-4d42-bfa2-e688183dd85e.pdf