- Department & Services
- District Leadership Team
- Assistant Superintendent
- Director of Administrative and Fiscal Services
- Business/Fiscal Services
- Director - Administrative & Fiscal Services
- Student State Reporting/CALPADS
- Federal/State Projects
- Annual Employee Notifications
- Complaint Procedures and Forms
- Welcome to the Complaint Procedures and Forms
- Complaints Concerning District School and/or Employee
- Complaints Concerning Instructional Materials
- Uniform Complaint Procedures
- "Williams Act" Uniform Complaint Procedures
- Nondiscrimination in Employment
- Title IX Rights (Education Code 221.8)
- Title IX, Complaints of Sexual Harassment, by or against Employees
- Title IX, Complaints of Sexual Harassment, by or against Students
- Annual Parent Notifications
- Education Protection Account (EPA)
- Developer Fees
- Homeless/Foster Youth Services
- Williams Complaint Procedure
- Mitigation/Construction Committee
- Human Resources
- Office Staffs (McCabe, Corfman, District)
- Student Support and Intervention Services
- Food Services, M&O, Technology, Transportation, Health Services
- Food Services
- Maintenance and Operations
- Health Services (Forms)
- Health and Oral Forms/Waivers (TK/Kinder/1st Grade)
- Medication Authorization Forms
- Declaration of Residency Form (must be notarized)
- Dress Code Acknowledgement BP 5132
- Epi-Pen Authorization Form
- Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and Accommodations
- Records Request
- Sports Permission Slip
- Student Technology Acknowledgement BP 6163.4
- Trip Slip
- Bus Ridership
Student State Reporting/CALPADS
The California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) is used to maintain individual-level data including student demographics, course data, discipline, assessments, staff assignments, and other data for state and federal reporting. CALPADS requires three major data reporting submissions: Fall 1, Fall 2, and End-of-Year.
- Fall 1 data (student demographics, programs, grade levels, and school enrollment and exit) are certified in mid-December. The certified data is a snapshot that captures all active enrollments on Count Day (first Wednesday in October). This certified snapshot is the basis for the school year’s official student enrollment, demographic and program information counts and rates.
- Fall 2 data (student course enrollments, teacher assignments and English Learner education services) are collected, verified, and reported to CALPADS, and certified in February. The certified Fall 2 data snapshot captures this information for students and certificated staff active on Count Day.
- End-of-Year data (course completion for grades 7–8, CTE participation, program participation, student discipline) are collected, verified, reported to CALPADS, and certified in July.
The data submitted to CALPADS are used for statistical, compliance, and funding purposes. It is also used to determine funding for programs that serve migrant, gifted and talented, English learner, economically disadvantaged, foster, and homeless students, and the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) allocations.
When your child is absent from school please leave a detailed message on the absence line at 760-335-5205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00am.
Excused absences as outlined in AR 5113.
Student Information System/CALPADS Technician